Monday, June 15, 2009

I'd like to introduce you...

To the most inspirational and beautiful woman I've ever known...

P7160127 Grandma Nini, 96th birthday.

P7160120

My Grandma Nini (Virginia "Ginny" Pittelkow) would be turning 97 on July 16, of next month.

I just spent a week in Tallahassee, FL, with my family while we laid her to rest -- and every story shared, reminded me of what an amazing person she was. 

My grandma loved her family, loved her friends, and most of all-- loved life.

bingojpg Bingo jackpot, April 2005.

Among some of the stories shared had to do with my 96 year old grandmother sitting on the back of a buff biker man's Harley Davidson...

...and her choosing a hip (Mohawk, pink hair) type of salon over the "little old lady salon" when getting a haircut.

P8270332 Hawaiian day at Blackjack.

P8270330

I didn't know my grandma very well until she moved to Boise in May of 2009.  I can't thank God enough for bringing her here to Idaho -- I have never felt so lucky in my entire life to get to know such a woman.  Her attitude and smile changed my life.

Just a few of my favorite memories -- watching, singing and dancing in our chairs to "Singing in the Rain", watching David Cook win American Idol, and learning to play Cribbage... and at 96 years old, she kicked my butt every time.  =)

Grandma Nini, I love you SO much and miss you terribly.  I think of you every day. 

PC250921 Christmas, Dec. 2008.

P7020072 Grandma's bingo monkey.

beautiful lady On her cruise, April 2005.

And only she would understand this but... 32!!!!!!!!

Grandma, I will see you again someday!!!

Always,

kels

 

2 comments:

Ranaebang said...

Oh, that was the cutest thing I have ever read. I wish I had been able to meet her. I always heard your fun stories of her from you.
What a great grandma!

Anne said...

Kels, sorry to hear about your Grandma. Sounds like she was a wonderful woman!