Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I'm a failure.

So 5K training failed miserably... the big race is in two days. 

In the words of my roommate, "EFF."

I have another 5K next weekend... we'll see if I'm still alive to even try to participate.

More bad news, a sliver I got three months ago-- that my stepdad thought he had dug out of my foot with a sterilized needle... isn't gone.  Throbbing, shooting pain up my foot caused me to *not kidding* scream out in pain in the middle of the newsroom today.  Not cool.  Emergency doctor appointment tomorrow.  I'm bracing myself for open foot surgery.

Uh oh, I might not be able to run in the 5K Saturday if they have to perform some invasive surgery to remove my sliver.  Darn.

Wish me luck!

Always,

kels

4 comments:

Anne said...

I've been wondering where you've been! King ran a 5K a few weeks ago and lived to tell about it, so I think you can. And Ron on Biggest Loser did a marathon with only one arm and one leg, so that little sliver shouldn't stop you. DO IT, and good luck!

Ranaebang said...

I'm just going to walk the 5k. Made that easy.
Good luck with the doc.

Brandy said...

Smooth move.

Dawn said...

You are crazy! I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!