Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Emotional day!

Two postings in one day!  Wow, i'm really on a roll...

So a couple days ago, I heard some really crappy news... not going to share it, but it really hit me this afternoon and I couldn't shake it...

Play the following video before reading on (just to give you the full effect):

 

Music playing?  Good.

So, tonight, this song, and what I saw on my drive home was really sort of a perfect storm... because I needed a pick-me-up...

Well, I was driving over a bridge that gave me a whole view of the city lights, and the lights in the foothills (Truly gorgeous if you've ever been to Boise)...  this song coincidentally playing in the background, then I get a look at Table Rock:

tablerock

That is a picture of Table Rock in the daylight-- at night, the cross is lit up... and you can't see the mountain, so it looks like a lit up cross just floating in the sky...

Then I look in another direction, and see the lights reflecting off the snow of Bogus Basin (A ski resort tucked away in the foothills)... the snow glowing from the lights is truly magical...

Well, with the song playing, the city lights, the Table Rock cross, and the glowing snow from Bogus Basin, I truly realized how lucky I am.

I think about North Dakota, and I miss my friends a lot... and some things that have happened this year, haven't been in my favor... but I've done more growing up this past year in Boise, than I ever would have done in North Dakota... and I am truly grateful for that.

The worst break-up I hope I never experience again has really tested me, and tonight-- for some reason, all those scenes and that song helped me remember how strong I am and how lucky I am to be where I'm at, and have all the things that I do. 

I honestly believe that despite some things not working out how I had hoped, I am right where I am supposed to be.

There is no light without the dark, no happy without the sad, and no good without the bad... and I guess I just needed a reminder of that tonight.

That also reminds me of some of my favorite song lyrics:

"Sometime's I sleep with all the lights on... it helps me to appreciate the night.  I hear people talk about life all the time, how they remember times so sad... don't you think life would be awfully boring... if the good times were all that we had." - Pat Green, "Crazy"

That song is highly recommended. =)

Always,

Kels

 

Love life.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

ohh I just LOVE moments like these!!